The IMDEA Software Institute is seeking a Network Engineer for the European project OpenQKD that deals with Quantum Key Distribution. The candidate will work within the RediMadrid network team. RediMadrid is the regional ISP that provides Internet connectivity to the universities and research centers in the Madrid region. The ideal candidate will have 3 years of proven experience in network administration (LAN/WAN, optical) and systems administration.
The position is based in Madrid, Spain, where the IMDEA Software Institute is situated.
The tasks to be carried out will be, among others:
- Maintaining and operating optics communication.
- Maintaining and operating network equipment in a wide area network.
- Server configuration and administration.
- Configure and maintenance network tools to monitor core network.
- Provide 24x7 Tier 3 IT Network Support.
Candidates should meet the following requirements:
- Knowledge in optics communication (DWDM) (CIENA or ADVA is a plus).
- Experience in international projects.
- Good knowledge in IP equipment (Juniper, Cisco).
- Experience with SNMP, telemetry and netflow.
- Good knowledge of Linux/Unix environments.
- Fluent in English speaking, writing, and reading, there are projects in English languaje.
- Fluent in Spanish speaking, writing, and reading, there are projects in Spanish languaje.
The following are desirable qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and 3 years of experience; or Associates Degree and at least 3 years work experience in related field.
- Experience with the following standards & protocols: MEF, Ethernet, eBGP, IBGP, OSPF, QoS, CoS, MPLS, VRF, VLANS, and VPNs.
- Experience in service provider enviroment.
- Certifications: (JNCIS, JNCIP, etc).
- knowledge following technologies:
- Scripting languages, e.g., Python, Bash.
- Virtual Machines administration: KVM.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and work under pressure.
- Capable team player.
How to apply?
Applicants interested in the position should submit their
application at https://careers.software.imdea.org/
selecting option 8 - Other
and reference code 2019-05-neteng-qkd.
Deadline for applications is June 14th, 2019.
Review of applications will begin immediately.