The IMDEA Software Institute is seeking a Network Engineer for the European
project OpenQKD that deals with Quantum Key Distribution. The candidate will
work within the RediMadrid network team. RediMadrid is the regional ISP that
provides Internet connectivity to the universities and research centers in the
Madrid region. The ideal candidate will have 3 years of proven experience in
network administration (LAN/WAN, optical) and systems administration.
The tasks to be carried out will be, among others:
- Maintaining and operating optics communication.
- Maintaining and operating network equipment in a wide area network.
- Server configuration and administration.
- Configure and maintenance network tools to monitor core network.
Candidates should meet the following requirements:
- Knowledge in optics communication (DWDM) (CIENA or ADVA is a plus).
- Experience in international projects.
- Good knowledge in IP equipment (Juniper, Cisco).
- Good knowledge of Linux/Unix environments.
- Fluent in English speaking, writing, and reading, there are projects in
- Fluent in Spanish speaking, writing, and reading, there are projects in
The following are desirable qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and 3 years of experience; or Associates
Degree and at least 3 years work experience in related field.
- Experience with the following standards & protocols: MEF, Ethernet,
eBGP, IBGP, OSPF, QoS, CoS, MPLS, VRF, VLANS, and VPNs.
- Experience with SNMP, telemetry and netflow.
- knowledge following technologies:
- Scripting languages, e.g., Python, Bash.
- Virtual Machines administration: KVM.
- Experience in service provider environment.
- Certifications: (JNCIS, JNCIP, CCNP, etc.).
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and work under pressure.
- Capable team player.
Working at IMDEA Software
The position is based in Madrid, Spain, where the IMDEA Software Institute is
situated. The gross salary for the post will be between 30.000 and 35.000 euro.
Deadline for applications is August 26th, 2019. Review of applications will
begin and be filled immediately.
How to apply?
Applicants interested in the position should submit their
For any questions about these positions, please contact César Sánchez
(cesar dot sanchez at imdea dot org).